Astrid Hofmann is an intercultural consultant with over two and half decades of experience working with multi-national organisations including Defence training institutes in Australia and abroad.
Previously based in Europe for 17 years (France, UK and Germany) she worked there with the British Ministry of Defence, Deutsche Welle Television news, Grundy Endemol and Taschen publishers. She is a fluent German speaker and has often leveraged that as a translator and interpreter.
Astrid has assisted public and private organisations to more effectively manage the challenges of working across cultures focusing on leveraging cross-cultural team dynamics. She has developed and delivered practical cultural awareness programs on large projects, such as the training of local officers for the Timorese government and preparing Victorian teachers for an international exchange program.
In Australia she provides cross-cultural advice to organisations including Melbourne Airport, BHP, CSL and Nike.
- Director, CTC, Cultural Transition Consulting
- Co-Founder, Project Global Citizen
- Vice President, VicWISE (The Victorian Working Group on International Student Employability)
- Committee member, AHRI (Australian HR Institute) International Human Resources Group
- Founding Member of SIETAR Australasia (Society for Intercultural Education Training and Research)
Astrid’s LinkedIn profile: click here.